Food Handler Training Session – Wednesday, October 19, 2022
Dear community members,
Through our networking we got the information below for Food Handler Training Session on Wednesday, October 19, 2022.
If you are interested please register using the link here: https://s.cotsurvey.chkmkt.com/?e=287847&d=e&h=B3F45303D0D6A27&l=en
The deadline to register is Thursday, October 6, 2022
Please see below for additional information about the training session:
Food Handling Training 2022:
Food Handling Training:
The course is a 8 hour certification course, of which there is 6 hours of facilitation and 2 hours allotted to complete the final test. Successful participants of the final test will be food certified for 5 years nationwide across Canada.
What the training will cover:
- Understanding Bacteria, Parasite, Viruses
- Safe food handling practices to prevent foodborne Illness
- Personal Hygiene, Sanitation, Pest control
- Emergency Response
- Temperature and Time
- Flow of Foods, HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points)
- Participants will need a computer (PC or Mac). This will be required for the certification exam. While the course can be viewed on a tablet or phone, for the best experience it is strongly suggested to use a computer.
- A web camera will be required to write the certification exam.
- PDF viewer will be required to read the workbook files.
- The Chrome Browser is required when participants take the certification exam (which is free to download here: https://www.google.com/chrome/)
- Once participants have completed the training session they will be required to attend a separate proctored exam.
- Participants will need their camera to complete the exam.
- Participants will need Government issue identification to complete the examination process.
- The final exam is comprised of 60 multiple choice questions.
- The minimum percentage on the test required to pass is 70%.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to complete the exam 48 hours after the training presentation date.
- Participants will need to attend, complete and pass the proctored exam in order to receive the food handler certificate.
If you are interested and require any assistance with this information, please reach out to: