Edit: CRB, CRCB and CRSB online!
Dear Community Members,
The Canada Response Benefit applications have begun starting today (Monday, October 12). The benefits will provide $1000 (-10% tax) for 2 weeks (therefor, $900 for two weeks). This is not Employment Insurance (EI), you will have to apply every 2 weeks as applications are not renewed. For more information about the benefit and to check your eligibility, please see the website: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/benefits/recovery-benefit.html
To apply for CRB, you may apply through your CRA Individual Account/MyCRA account or by phone.
Apply through your CRA Individual Account/MyCRA Account (screenshots provided below):
- Log in to your CRA account
- Click “Apply for Canada Recovery Benefits” in the blue section titled COVID-19 Support Payments
- Select the item that best describes your situation (they will all lead to the next page of the application):
- You are unable to work because your child is under 12 years old OR a family member requiring supervised care is unable to go to school is unable to go to regular care facilities due to COVID-19
- You are unable to work because you are sick and must self-isolate, or quarantine
- You lost some of all of your employment of self-employment income and you are not eligible for EI benefits
- On the next page, select all the criteria that apply to you. Select the Pay Period for which you are applying for.
- If you meet the requirements of the benefit, select at the bottom.
- Confirm your bank information for direct deposit.
- Once you submitted your application for the period, you will be shown a confirmation page.
If you are applying via phone:
- Call 1-800-959-2041
- Select 1 to apply for Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)
- Indicate which best applies for you (select only one):
- Select 1 if you are unable to work because your child is under 12 years old OR a family member requiring supervised care is unable to go to school is unable to go to regular care facilities due to COVID-19
- Select 2 if you are unable to work because you are sick and must self-isolate, or quarantine
- Select 3 if you lost some of all of your employment of self-employment income and you are not eligible for EI benefits
- Follow the teleprompter as they explain the period
- Enter your SIN number
- Follow the teleprompter to confirm your application.
SAWRO will be ready to assist individuals who need help to apply for the beenfits starting Tuesday, October 13, 2020. If you require assistance and further explanation, feel free to contact us.